Last update: May 16th, 2022
This privacy notice for NevrGivApp, describes how and why I might collect, store, use and/or share (“process”) your information when you use my service (“Service”), such as when you:
- Download and use my mobile application (No More Waste), or any other application of mine that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing or events
Questions? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with my police and practices, please do not use my Service. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMARY OF KEY POINTS
What personal information do I process? When you visit, use or navigate my Service, I may process personal information depending on how you interact with NeverGivApp and the Service, the choices you make and the products and features you use.
Do I process any sensitive personal information? I do not process personal information.
Do I receive any information from third parties? I do not receive any information from third parties.
How do I process your information? I process your information to provide, improve and administer my Service, communicate with you (for security and fraud prevention) and to comply with law. I may also process your information for other purposes with your consent. I process your information only when I have a valid legal reason to do so.
In what situations and with which parties do I share personal information? I may share information in specific situations and with specific third parties.
How do I keep your information safe? I have organizational and technical processes and procedures in place to protect your personal information. However, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat my security and improperly collect, access, steal or modify your information.
What are your rights? Depending on where you are located geographically, the applicable privacy law may mean you have certain rights regarding your personal information.
How do I exercise my rights? The easiest way to exercise your rights is by contacting me. I will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
WHAT INFORMATION DO I COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to me
I collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to me when you
register on the Service, express an interest in obtaining information about me or my product and Service, when you participate in activities on the Service or otherwise when you contact me.
Personal Information Provided by You. The personal information that I collect depends on the context of your interactions with me and the Service, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information I collect may include the following:
- email addresses
- contact or authentication data
- profile picture
Sensitive Information. I do not process sensitive information.
Social Media Login Data. I may provide you with the option to register with me using your existing social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter, or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, I will collect the information described in the section called “HOW DO I HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?” below.
Application Data. If you use my application, I also may collect the following information if you choose to provide us with access or permission:
- Geolocation Information. I may request access or permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using my mobile application, to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. I may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera, storage, social media accounts and other features. If you wish to change my access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. I automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information and system configuration information, device and application identification numbers, browser type and version, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server). If you are using my application, I may also collect information about the phone network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID and information about the features of our application(s) you accessed.
- Push Notifications. I may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the application. If you wish to opt out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of my application, for troubleshooting, and for my internal analytics and reporting purposes.
All personal information that you provide to me must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify me of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
I automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Service. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for my internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The information I collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic,usage, and performance information my servers automatically collect when you access or use my Service and which I record in log files. Depending on how you interact with me, this log data may include your IP address, device information and settings and information about your activity in the Service (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports(sometimes called “crash dumps”), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. I collect device data such as information about your phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Service. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. I collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Service. For example, I may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells me your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
HOW DO I PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
I process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with my Service, including:
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. I may process your information so you can create and login to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. I may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To save or protect an individual’s vital interest. I may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
- To personalize the user experience. I may use personal data to provide a personalized experience.
WHAT LEGAL BASES DO I RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
If you are located in the EU or UK, this section applies to you.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require me to explain the valid legal bases I rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, I may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. I may process your information if you have given me permission to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract. I may process your personal information when I believe it is necessary to
- fulfill my contractual obligations to you, including providing my Service or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legal Obligations. I may process your information where I believe it is necessary for compliance with my legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend my legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. I may process your information where I believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
If you are located in Canada, this section applies to you.
I may process your information if you have given me specific permission to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases, I may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If I have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO I SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. I may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents (“thirdparties”) who perform services for me or on my behalf and require access to such information to do that work. I have contracts in place with my third parties, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless I have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from me. They also commit to protect the data they hold on my behalf and to retain it for the period I instruct. The third parties I may share personal information with are as follows:
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation
- Allow Users to Connect to Their Third-Party Accounts
- Facebook account and Google account
- Cloud Computing Services
- Google Cloud Platform
- Functionality and Infrastructure Optimization
- Cloud Firestore
- User Account Registration and Authentication
- Facebook Login, Firebase Authentication and Google Sign-In
- Mobile Analytics
- Google Analytics for Firebase
- Mobile Performance Monitoring
I also may need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. I may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of my business to another company.
WHAT IS MY STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
The Service may link to third-party websites, online services, or mobile applications and/or contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with me and which may link to other websites, services, or applications. Accordingly, I do not make any guarantee regarding any such third parties, and I will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the use of such third-party websites, services, or applications. The inclusion of a link towards a third-party website, service, or application does not imply an endorsement by me. I cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to any third parties. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. I am not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the Service. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
HOW DO I HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
My Service offers you the ability to register and log in using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, I will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information I receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address and profile picture, as well as other information you choose to make public on such a social media platform.
I will use the information I receive only for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice or that are otherwise made clear to you on the relevant Services. Please note that I do not control, and am not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. I recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use and share your personal information, and how you can set your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
HOW LONG DO I KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
I will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require me keeping your personal information for longer than three (3) months past the start of the idle period of the user’s account.
When I have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, I will delete such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then I will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You will be allowed to delete all your data at any moment by tapping the provided button in your personal account screen of the Service app.
HOW DO I KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
I have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information I process. However, despite my safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so I cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal or modify your information. Although I will do my best to protect your personal information; transmission of personal information to and from my Service is at your own risk. You should only access the Service within a secure environment.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In some regions (like the EEA, UK, and Canada), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure, (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information and, (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You can make such a request by contacting me by using the contact details provided in the section “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT ME ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” below.
I will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe I am unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are located in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Withdrawing your consent: If I am relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and/or implied consent depending on the applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting me by using the contact details provided in the section “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT ME ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” below.
However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor
when applicable law allows, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you would at any time like to review or terminate your account, you can tap on the dedicated button (“Delete account”) in the account screen of the Service.
Upon your request to terminate your account, I will deactivate or delete your account and information from my active databases. However, I may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal terms and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email me at email@example.com.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for
recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, I do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that I must follow in the future, I will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits my users who are California residents to request and obtain from me, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) I disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to me using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with Service, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact me using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. I will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all my systems (e.g., backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
- (1) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- (2) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.”
If this definition of “resident” applies to you, I must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do I collect?
I have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers||Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Gender and date of birth||NO|
|D. Commercial information||Transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information||NO|
|E. Biometric information||Fingerprints and voiceprints||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data and interactions with my and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements||NO|
|G. Geolocation data||Device location||YES|
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information||Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with my business activities||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Business contact details in order to provide you my service at a business level or job title, work history and professional qualifications if you apply fora job with us||NO|
|J. Education Information||Student records and directory information||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics||NO|
I may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you interact with me online or by e-mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through my customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests;
- Facilitation in the delivery of my Service and to respond to your inquiries.
How do I use and share your personal information?
I collect and share your personal information through targeting and marketing cookies.
More information about my data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice.
You may contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt out we may deny a request if the
authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
I may disclose your personal information with my service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on my behalf.
I may use your personal information for my own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be “selling” of your personal information.
I have not sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months. I have disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months:
- Category B. Personal information, as defined in the California Customer Records law, such as your name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information.
The categories of third parties to whom I disclosed personal information for a business or commercial purpose can be found under “WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO I SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?”.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
Right to request deletion of the data — Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask me to delete your personal information, I will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation, or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed — Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether I collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that I collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether I sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that I sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, I am not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
I will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, I will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom I have the information in my system. These verification efforts require me to ask you to provide information so that I can match it with information you have previously provided me. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, I may ask you to provide certain information so that I can match the information you provide with the information I already have on file or I may contact you through a communication method (e.g., email) that you have previously provided to me. I may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
I will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, I will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. However, if I cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by me, I may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. I will delete such additionally provided information as soon as I finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
- You may object to the processing of your personal information.
- You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the information.
- You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. I may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- You may request to opt out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving an opt-out request, I will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than thirty (30) days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact me by email at email@example.com, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you have a complaint about how I handle your data, I would like to hear from you.
DO I MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
I may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated
“Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If I make material changes to this privacy notice, I may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. I encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how I am protecting your information.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT ME ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE OR DELETE THE DATA I COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information I collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please visit: http://nevrgivapp.com.